Our Take On The 5:2
The 5:2 diet is extremely popular for weight loss and easier to stay on than other diets. The idea is that you eat normally for 5 days and fast by eating 500 calories for 2 days.
For us, this sounds a bit drastic. So why not ease into it?
Try our take on the 5:2
Spend the most of the week eating 1500-1800 calories and 1-2 days eating 1000 calories.
See what works best for you. Don't worry if you have a couple of days off a week and don't count your calories. The only rule is no bad snacking, so use your Slissie instead to cut the cravings.
Add these helpful tips to staying full and you'll be good to go!
- Try using smaller plates and bowls as well as smaller serving and eating utensils.
- Start a meal with a salad and drink a glass of water before the meal to help reduce your appetite.
- Split or share a meal when you go out to eat; it not only saves calories but also your hard-earned money.
- Eat slowly. In other words, nibble and graze on your food. it takes 20 to 30 minutes for your brain to tell your body it's full.
- Order dressing on the side and minimize some of the tempting side dishes and condiments.
- Clean your pantry and cupboards of all the junk.
- Skip the dessert and the buffets.
- Use some common reference points to help gauge your portions. For example, a clenched fist or baseball would amount to about one cup. A large egg or lightbulb would be about half a cup. The tip of your thumb would be one teaspoon. A poker chip would be about one tablespoon.